This is the time of year when things really start hopping in the garden. Much to do! Here is what has happened around here today garden wise.
- Picked up coffee grounds from Starbucks two different times.
- Added coffee grounds to the compost at the school garden.
- Fed coffee grounds to the worms at the school garden.
- Fed coffee grounds to my worms.
- Thinned the onions in my bed at the school garden.
- Put a layer of grass clippings on my bush beans in the school garden.
- Took a bucket to the brunch restaurant down the street and picked it up later filled with egg shells to use for fertilizer.
- Watered school garden.
- Watered my beds in the backyard.
- Harvested a tray of worm castings.
- Started a batch of worm tea.
This is the time of year when everything needs attention. I love gardening. I hope the really hot weather holds off for a while.
I’m pretty sure my bed at the town community garden has fungus. The beans last year had fungus, and I now know that my tomato plants last year and this year had fungus. I have to figure out how to get rid of that, but I don’t think it will be easy. It’s possible that I water too much although I didn’t realize that was possible.
Leave a Reply